View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'll be happier with the core kit I'm using for 2013. I didn't love the Cherry core kit when I started with it, but I needed to go with something easy and that was the only available kit at the time. And the trade-off was well worth it; it was so easy for my to complete my layout at the end of the week - many weeks it only took me 30-60 minutes to do the whole layout including writing out the journaling cards.

One change I'm going to make for 2013 is that I'm going to print the journaling on the cards instead of writing the journaling. I'm so used to making digi layouts that I find it much easier to type the journaling out on the computer than write it out.

I am going to try going backwards this year and do a 2011 album using digi supplies. I did week 1 and I think it should be relatively easy to keep up with. I'm planning to use the same kit for a month at a time - so I'll use a few different kits over the course of the year.

One thing that I did with my photos to avoid having to run out to pick up prints weekly - and because I just love the quality of my prints from Persnickety - is to print out draft photos on regular paper to stick in the photo sleeves and order the prints online every couple of months. Yes, it's an extra step, but I get the quality photos that I want and I was able to keep up with making weekly layouts.