View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl
Default Blah. Jeff Update.

So. Jeff has been feeling REALLY crappy the past couple of weeks. He's been dizzy, weak, falling over when he stands up (which frankly, is incredibly bad on my nerves), not able to eat and just generally not good. They gave him some new medication last Friday and it helped a little bit but not enough. He has bruises everywhere from falling and he looks awful.. grey almost. Anyway.. he had chemo today and his blood counts are just bottomed out. He is very anemic, even though he's been taking iron pills. He's STILL not back to work (since March) and we're almost out of unemployment. So.. she has been suggesting a blood transfusion for a few weeks now and he's told her no every time. Today it was no longer a choice. She said without the transfusion he can't go back to work for another two months, and there's no way we can afford that. We can't afford for him to be home now
So... he gets a blood transfusion on Monday at 7:30. At least 2 units, maybe 3. PLEASE keep him in your thoughts.. he's pretty nervous about it but I really hope this helps him... this is wearing on me to be honest.. and it's worse on him I know, but man I'm so tired.

Thanks guys.