View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So many affected! The children who struggle are the ones I worry about a lot. We have so many kids in our building that were just starting to catch up. I was working intensely with several and seeing light bulb moments. It makes me sad what might happen now. Many of these kids have families that mean well, but don't feel like school is important. I am so hoping and praying that these families step up and continue learning at home. I know there will be a plan in place through our district but we are not set up for online learning. Small group learning may be a possibility but that still defeats the purpose of the shut down so I don't know if that will happen either. Most of our families do not have internet. We did online enrollment this year and I was shocked at how many families came in to enroll (some came for help, others because they had no resource to do it at home) and didn't have an email address even. It was a requirement for setting up enrollment so my burner email is attached to many kiddos now. LOL

My daughter heard through the grapevine that they are talking about prom and graduation in the summer, once things have settled down. She feels better about that at least.

Thankfully, our district is continuing to pay everyone, so we won't be affected financially at this point. My husband's job has actually picked up a little (he works for a form printing company) and looks to be okay at this point. They work more than 10 feet apart on large presses anyway so social distancing isn't an issue there! LOL

This, too, shall pass. We've got this!