View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
That's not a bad idea, Libby! Just keep Windows at the SSD and then you'll have space enough I think. I hope it helps!!!

ETA: I had suspiciously low space on my SSD until I noticed that Adobe Bridge was keeping previews of all files I ever looked at in its database! I deleted that and changed the settings so that it doesn't keep them. Dunno if you use Bridge though, but if you do you might want to look into that as well.
Yes three things that have been said hit me as something to try:

Test your RAM, who knows a stick may have gone bad and they are cheap and easy to replace! I had that happen on my Alienware laptop and it was still under warranty, got the new stick and it was back to rocking again.

Definitely move MS Office to the other hd, see how much space you have then? PS really does run faster on an SSD but not if it doesn't have enough "room to breathe" as someone else mentioned.

And those darn temp files!! That was another thing I had set wrong and sure enough all my preview images was on my SSD sucking it down. So check to see where the preview images and temp files for Bridge/PS are going.

I've been on this laptop for over 4 years now and I don't want to have to upgrade so I'm hoping she lasts a long while still. I have 16 Gig RAM and a 120SSD + 500Gig internal and 2TB external. The only thing that slows my computer down is my 36MP files from my D800 but that is only if I try to open more than 10 at a time...go figure!

I think with a little investigation and testing and such...you will get your PS back rocking. Will your guy that built it not "fix" it for you? I mean he is your personal IT guy right? ;-)