Thread: 2022 kit ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 06:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to chime in here with a couple requests...

A young grandparent kit. My husband and I love spending time with our five grandkids and they are some of my favorite little photo and scrapbooking subjects - but I can't find kits about grandparents & grandchildren that aren't styled elderly. Those are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I'm 45 and my husband is 55. We actively go and do things with the kids.

As part of that, any word art pieces that would let you customize grandparent names would be fantastic. A piece that talks about "being a grandmother" wouldn't need it, but one that says "my favorite people call me Grandma" would. Because we all go by different names - Grandma, Gram, Oma, Nana, Mamaw, Gigi, Mimi, etc... or in my case, Amma.

A modern game night kit to scrapbook the gatherings of older teens and adults where we play games like Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanities, Hogwarts Battle, Code Words, etc. Word art that embodies the trash talking that inevitably happens as the evening goes on. Even an ellie of a smartphone since some group games are now played around the table using our phones and camera rolls.

Adult surgery & recovery. Not geared toward any specific illness, but something generic that could cover everything from a spinal fusion to a rotator cuff replacement to an eye surgery to a sinus surgery or a hysterectomy. Both hospital stay and outpatient, stuff about anaesthesia (I've got pics of my husband super loopy!) and pain meds, resting and recovery and being bored, word art both about being nervous and about being ready to get it done with, complications, etc.

Too much togetherness. About the realities of the last couple years when it comes to more than one person working from home at the same time ... remembering you love each other even when you're sick of seeing each other. Maybe an art journaling kit?

Thanks!

Last edited by angiekey; 01-29-2022 at 06:52 AM.