Thread: Survey Says...
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 01:02 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Do you have to have them with every kit?

Yes, I prefer to buy kits with alphas. But if they're too wacky, I'm less likely to use them.

Do you use them on every page?

Yes, I do use them on every page - I am more of an event scrapper so all of my pages have titles.

Do you have ones that you use over and over?

I do have some staples that I go back to if I don't like the alpha in a kit or I can't make it work. My all-time favourite alphas that work with any kit are Shawna Clingerman's Chippy Alphas.

Let me know your thoughts about the questions above and anything else you want to share.

I do prefer alphas that have some definition and are more than just paper clipped to a font. In my earlier days of scrapping, I picked up every crazy alpha I saw but now I tend to prefer more simple and classic ones. Though I do still have some unique ones in my stash for specific pages, like alphas that look like sand or grass or elastics or paper clips etc. One thing I've found lately is that if the alpha folder has its own preview, I'll copy it over to my alpha stash (in addition to the kit folder), which makes it more likely for me to use it generally as opposed to just with that one kit.

Last edited by DaniW; 03-20-2021 at 01:05 PM.