View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 09:39 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I went to the doctor today because I haven't been feeling well, and long story short, turns out I have a soft tissue infection again. This is my fourth one is the last few years and I have no idea how I get them, there is never a break in the skin like you would think with a regular infection, but I get them. This on is on the back of my leg just up from my knee which sucks because it hurts to touch, ie sit on, wear clothes, etc.

On top of that, apparently I have an ear infection as well, so I am double whammied. Weird thing is my neck hurts, but not my ears or throat which one would think would hurt with an ear infection, not the neck. I told the doctor my neck hurt, but my ears only itch a little. She says she is not surprised because I am atypical, ie. weird.

This weirdness is inherited from my father and starts with a low body temp and goes all the way to the point that things aren't always where they are supposed to be in my body. For instance, my thyroid was under my collar bone and my cervix used to be tilted sideways.

I also tend to have strange reactions to things as well, for instance, I don't dissolve dissolvable stitches. They will move through my body until they find a way to come up and out. I get a sore that starts to fester and then the stitch will pop out. It is disgusting to say the least.

So after my visit to the doctor and what she said about me being atypical, it got me to thinking, surely I can't be the only one who has stuff like this happen or has parts in the wrong place, right?

So if you are weird like me, I want to hear about it so I feel less like a freak of nature. LOL
There is no ugliness in you. It just has its own peculiarities, which, unfortunately, sometimes cause inconvenience. If you judge so, each of us has our own problems. I have now been diagnosed with autoimmune thyroiditis. So there was a reason for my increased fatigue, slow metabolism and excess weight. Now I have to undergo lifelong hormone therapy. But you can live with it.