View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's such a weird year. I'm dreading fall weather because it means we're getting closer to losing outside as a reliable option.

My kids' schools are 100% virtual with no plans to bring them back. A few special populations will go back in October, but they've said it will amount to about 3% of the district. I suspect everyone else will stay virtual until there's widespread vaccination. My 6th and 11th graders are pretty independent learners, but my special needs 9th grader needs my help a lot more. The preschool I teach at isn't opening this fall, but I'm still earning some hours working on our take home curriculum. Some weeks there's nothing for me to do for work and other weeks I'm almost too busy between work, virtual learning, and the usual family/house stuff.

Even though I'm complaining, I'm really fine. We're healthy, my husband (whose job is our main source of income) is still fully employed and just transferred to a position he thinks he'll like a lot more, and the kids and I are inconvenienced by this year's sucky work/school situations but not devastated by them. I'm trying to complete some scrapping goals so I at least feel like I accomplished something this year! And one true positive--we did family photos recently as part of a fundraiser for my school. I just got to see them yesterday, and I love them! It's been a few years since we had a family photo I really liked.

Last edited by rach3975; 09-30-2020 at 10:16 PM.