View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 05:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMom View Post
Is carnival day like Mardi Gras Carnival or like a regular carnival...I don't know if I confused anyone. But I think of two different versions of carnival...

Hi. I had to "Google" it. Two things seem to work for February... and I'd say go with it either way.
This is what I saw:

Thu, Feb 8, 2024 ? Tue, Feb 13, 2024
What's carnival all about? Carnival is a festival that happens over a few days, usually just before Lent, in February or March. Because traditionally many people go on a fast during Lent, giving up meat, sugar or other foods and drink, carnival is an opportunity to enjoy these treats for the last time.

and

Carnival Day is celebrated every year on February 26 and it is the perfect reason to let loose and party. A carnival is the perfect excuse to enjoy a large-scale party with all the trimmings and thrills. One has only to think back to the heady days of childhood to conjure up images of candy floss, amusing sideshows, and rides that give you butterflies. And if you have yet to experience the magic of the carnival, now is as good a time as any!