View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 10:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
My grandma passed last summer after a few years of dealing with dementia. It really is horrible. My brother-in-law works in a nursing home and said there is some sort of connection with dementia and UTIs. I've had lots of bad infections, but three years ago I wound up in the ER when a severe kidney infection hit me with no warning. I had to be taken from work in an ambulance and was given fentanyl. It was intense.

The toe bothered me a lot at first. Every single thing that touched it was so painful, the sheets on the bed killed me. Now the nerve pain isn't nearly as bad as all, more irritating than anything.
I am sorry about your grandma. UTI's definitely made the dementia worse in my mom's case, so I would believe there is a connection. I believe an infection can happen that fast, with no warning, and it can be painful and scary. Is a kidney infection as bad as a kidney stone? Kidney stones suck.

It is incredible how much sheets can hurt. I have a bone spur on my heel that I can't allow to touch the sheets because of the pain. I sleep with my leg bent and crossed over the other one so that heel never touches the sheets. The dang spur is wrapped around my Achilles tendon so I would need major surgery to get rid of it, so I just deal and sleep like a pretzel. But Tracey M is right, since I have lost weight the bone spur does not hurt as much. Except at night on the sheets. LOL