View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love reading everyone's news. Congrats on the anniversaries, birthdays, and other personal accomplishments! Jennifer, you're getting so close to the end of your degree!

Things are status quo here for the moment. The kids all had a good year in school and the next couple of months include lots of the fun stuff like field trips and class plays. (Testing, too, which will be much less fun.)

Since my youngest is in full day kindergarten this year, it was my first year back at work. I'm teaching preschool part time and love it, but I've put in a lot more time than I expected to outside of school hours on things like lesson planning and parent emails. The year is winding down--we only have about 5 weeks left. I'm looking forward to summer break and to being able to reuse a lot of my lesson plans next year, both of which mean more of my time will be mine again and can be used for scrapping.

My 9 year old started Special Olympics over the winter, and he's loving it! He feels so important having weekend practices like his big brother. He really hasn't gotten to be involved in any extracurricular activities before now, so we're thrilled that he's found something he enjoys. Other than that we've had a few big birthdays and made a lot of trips to visit family in New York and Connecticut. My parents said they'd watch the kids so DH and I could go away overnight soon, so we have to talk dates with them and then make some plans. Can't wait!

Last edited by rach3975; 04-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.