Thread: Collecting?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I always say I don't collect anything because my mom has TONS of "collections" and I'm an only child, so one day all of those....will be mine. Salt & pepper shakers (which I think are no longer an 'active' collection & are packed up in the attic?), pretty dishes, teapots, snowmen... yikes. When my cousins say "I love this snowman platter!" I tell them, "you can have it someday, but it will come as a set with all the other snowmen!"

I use to collect moose figurines. Actually, I didn't collect them, I just got a bunch as gifts all the time & didn't get rid of them. My favorite animal is a moose--even though I've never seen one IRL...but that will change as we're moving to ALASKA in July!!!!!-- and the problem when anyone knows you have a favorite anything is that you end up with a bunch of them. My moose items are all packed in boxes somewhere. They're cute, but I would need a "Northwoods lodge" themed home to display them, haha.

I do collect Christmas ornaments: we get the Hallmark decade series every year plus one on vacations (or keychains when ornaments are un-findable). I often pick up a familiar book in a foreign language when traveling too.

DH collects money from different places we live & visit. He also 'inherited' a bag of coins his dad collected.

Of course I have lots of fabric, yarn & craft supplies, but I don't consider those collections. They're just things that are waiting to serve their purpose
Alaska!!! Yay!! I loved Alaska when my daughter and I visited. Hubs & I have talked about taking a road trip up to Alaska.

How fun to be in a place where you can see your favorite animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I collect pens (I am a huge pen hoader esp now that I have discovered cute Korean pens...oh my, I order way too many of those) and I collect Funko Pops. I don't have a good way of displaying those yet so no photo and I do not buy Funko Pops every single week but when I am in a store where they sell them, I always have to buy one
I'd love to see a picture of your pen collection, Biancka!! I love Funko Pops, but don't want to get started down that path. LOL! I have 2. I'm calling it quits with those

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm also a magnet and sprinkles person. I also used to collect business cards but not anymore.
Do you keep all of your magnets on the fridge, Lynn?