Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently Reading Week of 6/28

What's the last book you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR?

What's the last book you finished?

Since the last thread I've finished...

Storybound by Melissa Burt - I gave this book 1 star. I was actually kind of angry when I finished b/c honestly to me it was a total rip-off of Harry Potter and a terrible one at that.

The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
5 stars of course

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (Book #4 in the Outlander Series)
Loved it..gave it 4 stars.

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton It was good...3 stars.

The Old Maid by Edith Wharton (on audible) This is a short story and very good...4 stars

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (on audible) 4 stars

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness I was so hugely disappointed in this book. You can read my review on goodreads for more info...I gave it 2 stars (although more like 1.5) and did not finish the second in the series.

Witches: The Absolutely True Tale of Disaster in Salem by Rosalyn Schanzer - Middle Grade non-fiction account of the events of Salem Village and the witch trials. It was quite good with great illustrations.

The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, Elio M. GarcĂ*a Jr., Linda Antonsson
This book is gorgeous and I read a little at a time over the past couple of months. Beautiful illustrations..it's written as if a Maester is writing a history of Westeros. Perfect for GOT fans.

What are you reading right now?

Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan - still reading this with the kids..it's slow going b/c of summer and stuffs.

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson Book One of the Stormlight Archives I'm switching back and forth between the hard copy and audible on this one. It's soo good so far and I already love it more than his Mistborn Trilogy. I think if you love Patrick Rothfuss this is a great series to look into..

Hild (Light of the World #1) by Nicola Griffith historical fiction set in seventh century Britain.

What's on your TBR?

Honestly I haven't got anything set in mind right now other than...

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson which is book 2 in the Stormlight Archives