View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Sorry to hear about all of that especially the death in the family. The only thing I would suggest if you did not do so at the accident is to get your cell phone (or a camera) and take pictures of the damage on the other vehicle and on yours. It is really more important to get it of the other vehicle because he could cause more damage to increase costs. We had a girl who ran a stop sign out here where we live. I guess she got ticked off because my husband was really close to her bumper but it was because he had to slam on the brakes when she pulled out in front of us. Then she started going really slow (speed limit was 45 and she got down to like 10 mph). Well by that point with her running a stop sign and then driving like that he was kinda ticked off himself. She then just abruptly stopped. We think she pulled her emergency brake because there were no brake lights. Since we were barely moving it just cause a tiny scuff mark on both our front bumper and her bumper. She had previous damage though up above where the bumpers hit. She got out of the car and started screaming at my husband saying how could you hit me etc and oh my gosh I am pregnant I cant believe you did this. I told her had she not ran the stop sign it wouldnt have happened or if she had sped up to the speed limit it wouldnt have happened. It was clear that she tried to make my husband hit her. Well anyhow we did not take pictures and low and behold a few days later our insurance agent called and said she was claiming like 3000 dollars in damage and he needed to come out and inspect our car. He did and by that time my husband had rubbed the scuff marks off so you could not tell there was any damage at all. We do not know what she did but it sounds like she (or more likely her boyfriend) caused more damage or she backed into something...who knows. It did not match up with the measurement of our bumper or with the accident report from FHP so our insurance company told her look either drop the claim or we will turn it in as insurance fraud. So after that long explanation it is really important in any accident even a little one to take pictures to protect yourselves against someone trying to make a buck off of your insurance.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow