View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like a typical amount of photos to me. Seriously. I took 1500+ on our last 2-day trip to Disneyland, and I know of others who take about the same as you.

I've done albums both chronologically and by "land" - Frontierland, Fantasyland, Carsland... The album I'm currently working on is by "land", and it's been easy to keep things looking less frazzled looking (we hopped between the two parks both days). It looks kind of funny to me, because I'm used to doing everything chronologically. But it's working.

I also tend to put a lot of photos onto my pages. I love Cindy Schneider's templates for this, especially the ones with one larger photo and lots of small ones. I pick the best photo of the lot to highlight, then add the others to the page that helps to tell the story.

I only make one editing pass with my photos to delete the really bad photos. I don't spend precious scrapping time trying to figure out which ones I'll use. I don't plan anything out ahead of time. I scrap one page at a time and I look through all of the photos and then choose the ones that will work the best. Then when I'm all done with the album I go back and delete unwanted or unused photos.

I hope this makes sense and might help you out a bit. It's a system that works for me, so if anything I said helps you in any way, yay!

Good luck!