View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am grateful for so much!

I am grateful for my husband and son, who have done all of the grocery shopping since March 12 due to my risk factors.

I am grateful for social media. Even 25 years ago, we had nothing like we have today. How would everyone be coping without FB, Instagram, Twitter, and others, without internet and email, without all our apps on our phones and TVs, without streaming, without DVD and Blu Ray players, and especially places like SSD where we can "hang out" and "chill"? The list goes on.

I am grateful for cell phones, where it costs me nothing except my monthly fees. Back in the day, we had to pay long distance fees. I can keep up with my family so much easier.

I am grateful for being able to work from home. I already was working two days from home (a privilege I earned). The CEO sent an email to everyone earlier this past week offering anyone who wanted to work from home could. I am grateful for those who are still at work who can do and are doing things that I can't do from home, like sign certain documents and letters and make notebooks for the attorneys (I'm a litigation paralegal) for a hearing or deposition.

I am grateful for all the service workers out there, including, but not limited to, first responders, healthcare workers, grocery store employees, restaurant workers (even though many places are closed for dining in), and others in the service industry.

I am grateful that my son can still attend college online and that he is a commuter so that we don't have to worry about the housing payments that most likely will not be used for the rest of the semester.

I am grateful that Spring is officially here, which means warmer temperatures, which will hopefully slow down or maybe even stop the spread of this virus.

My list goes on.