View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's week 2 of no school. This is our "spring break" week, so no assigned school work. Starting April 1, the teachers will be distributing work packets and lunches to each child's home. As of right now it's supposed to be closed until April 28; I am anticipating it going longer than that, just by watching the increase in numbers.

We were issued a "Stay Home" order...Oregon doesn't want to call it a 'shelter in place' because that particular phrase has been designed to mean something else.

People here aren't really following orders to stay home. All of our parks, playgrounds, etc are closed. Many "Non-essential" businesses are ordered closed. Of the businesses that are allowed to stay open, they must adhere to a 6 foot social distancing rule, if you can't maintain that you're supposed to be closed.

We are staying home away from people, when we do go out, it's to places that are where others don't go (no cell service, forest, secluded). We haven't been to "town" for groceries in 2 weeks, and will be doing that on Saturday, just trying to get some things to stock up the pantry a little. We hunt, so the meat portion of meals is mostly taken care of.

My job is considered "essential", so we're still working. However, I am now working 1/2 days in office and 1/2 at home. Hubby works in an "essential" industry also, and they are pretty much business as usual (he works in a lumber mill). I had a slight breakdown yesterday at work just trying to figure out how I was going to stay healthy, keep working FT in the office, and homeschool/care for my 3 kids. I have allergies to most antibiotics and about 5 years ago this time, I had gotten very sick after an allergic reaction where my Dr. took me to the hospital himself in a wheelchair; I couldn't walk or take care of my kids, they didn't know if I would get better or what to do for me. So the unknowns with this, and just trying to stay well brought up A LOT of past fears.

I read an article yesterday that listed our county the 4th worst in the entire US as far as preparedness/worst places to get this; mainly due to our population being mainly over the age of 50, poor socioeconomic and limited resources for hospital beds. We currently have 3 or 4 confirmed cases, but I would safely assume there are A LOT more than that.

I have been keeping an eye on my daughter, she had a fever for 4 days, low energy and has had a cough for almost 2 weeks now. I think that part of that has to do with her helping her bio-dad clean out from under their house (possibly mold/nasty stuff).

Many prayers and good thoughts for you all.