View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 10:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids have been home for 2 weeks. The first week they did Alternative Method of Instruction (online or packet lessons), and the second week was Spring Break. They're definitely at home through April 17, but a decision can be made to extend it. My husband worked from home this past week and will be home again this week. His boss thinks they might be back in the office as early as April 6. I really hope he doesn't make it mandatory; they are not "essential."

Our state, Arkansas, has 388 cases, 3 deaths, 48 currently hospitalized, and 17 on ventilators. My county has 24 cases, that they know of. The state's website information changes constantly; they were updating with the number of people being monitored, but not any more. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only. No gatherings of more than 10 people allowed. All gyms, movie theaters, places of entertainment are all closed.

We're social distancing and only going out to get things we need - groceries, pet food, etc. We take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood every day. Most of our neighbors are keeping their distance while doing the same.