View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Are you ordered to shelter in place?
Not that I'm aware. We are "safer at home". Our military installation borders Kentucky and Tennessee. Both states are handling it on opposite sides of the spectrum and the military installation is teeter-tottering back and forth between the two states.

Can you still work outside of your home?
Off post, yes but many are working from home or their work have closed down but it doesn't seem like they will be keeping closed much longer. On post, it's business as usual for the businesses with the exception there's a limit of 100 shoppers per store, you have to stand 6-feet apart from one another and the food places are take-out only.

The soldiers are still going to PT in the morning, the gyms are still opened for them. Some units, soldiers show up for formation and send them home afterwards, some units have phone check-ins and some are working regardless of what's going on. Earlier this week they deployed a unit to NYC earlier this week, taking some of our medical from the hospital with them. We all worry about them and hope none of them get sick and that they can do good in that state But you know with the military, it's always mission essential regardless of what's going on in the world.

Are there many cases near you?
KY is doing really well controlling the virus and their residents are listening. TN, not so much. On post, we've had our second confirmed case but both of the are spouses of retired soldiers and live off post--just got tested on post so it counts towards our numbers.

What's your frame of mind?
I'm an introvert and actually LOVE being at home. I LOVE having my family home. The only exception would be doing the school's school work because it's NOTHING like homeschooling and a LOT more tedious than it needs to be! Luckily, this week was Spring Break and a thousand times better!!

I worry about my son who is asthmatic. He has had on/off fevers this past week and has a very dry cough--but he also gets croupy 12 months out of the year! We are watching him because my husband comes and goes from his work, the commissary, picking up medicine and who knows what he's bringing home. I worry about my parents because my mother is a nurse in a nursing home and has been working this entire time. My dad has developed a cough about a week ago, very sleepy (not like him) and just recently my mother has developed a cough. So of course I worry about their health. In the beginning I was trying to secure enough groceries for them so they could stay home and I think now they are good for a couple of weeks! Now to keep praying they can stay healthy as my mother continues to work in the nursing home.