View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default DSD QOTD: Your digiscrapping story

As DSD weekend draws to a close, I'm feeling all the feels about this hobby we love. So what's your digiscrapping story--when did you start? What got you into it?

I've been a digiscrapper since my oldest child (turning 14 this week ) was 5 months old. I wanted a way to record what was happening along with the photos, and I stumbled upon paper scrapbooking websites. I did one layout that was mostly paper, with only my title and journaling done on the computer. By my 2nd layout I was a hybrid scrapper. I did most of the layout on the computer, glued it to cardstock, and added a few purchased physical elements. By my 3rd layout I'd graduated to all digital, and I never looked back! In 2013 I tried doing a few paper Project Life layouts, and it was a disaster--I was so worried that something would happen to the albums and I'd lose all those memories forever. I ended up going back and re-doing all of those layouts digitally (the one and only time I've 'wasted' scrapping time on re-doing pages that were already scrapped). Give me digi layouts backed up in multiple places, please!