View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 11:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
How did it go?

When I first started doing our elementary yearbook I literally scrapbooked each page and added it to the yearbook site. This year was my 13th year (and hopefully LAST) doing the elementary yearbook for our schools. I started with doing one school, K-5 with about 200 kids. Now I do a book that has 3 schools with different grades at each school and probably 700 kids. I've found lots of ways to streamline the process, but I do use the program available through our yearbook company now. I'm glad that I am no longer trying to scrapbook each page though!
It went really well! I was only doing a 20-page 8x8 yearbook, since that was the cheapest option for the school to buy for everyone. There are about 100 kids in their graduating class, and they were the only ones in the book. In the end we had the teachers take all the candids so we didn't have to wait on parents or deal with photo overload. I did scrap the pages, but since this was a small book and only a one time thing it was more trouble to deal with the limitations of the printer's program than to just scrap it. It was somewhere between lightly embellished pocket style and traditional yearbook, much simpler than I'd do for my own pages. I think they'll be at the school early next week, but I probably won't get to see it until my daughter brings hers home in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
I'm working on such a book for my son since he will be graduating elementary school this year too. After summer it is high school. I'm making this book myself so we can give each kid a copy of it full with memories of kindergarten till grade 6..

Each page looks pretty similar depending on the number of photo's there are in that specific theme. Each grade has multiple spreads...

Started this book end march/begin April, and it is almost finished for printing

That looks great! What an ambitious project to cover K through 6th! It's going to be an amazing keepsake for the kids to have.

Last edited by rach3975; 05-26-2021 at 11:18 PM.