View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 02:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
This is so interesting to me. I'm missing a chromosone that makes me wake up from certain anestesia. We found this out when I took 45 minutes to wake up from getting my tonsils out when I was in college; they made me wear a med alert bracelet after that because it was so dangerous. Fortunately, I've never had any issues with it since, but the doctor said if I was exposed to that drug again, I might not wake up!
Okay, that not waking up from anestesia is really scary! I wake up from it puking, first time right on my poor sister, but I wake up pretty fast. After that first time, they started putting something in my IV to help with that, so it is not a huge problem, but that first time. Man, it was intense. Like I said, my poor sister. Still feel bad about that and it was over 20 years ago.

It's amazing what we don't know about ourselves until something like surgery or an accident happens. Besides not knowing about the puking or the dissolvable stitches, I found out I was allergic to adhesives then too. They put a strong adhesive bandage over the surgery scar on my neck and it was killing me. When they took it off to see what the issue was, they took off layers of skin with it. I ended up with a bigger issue with that then the scar, it was so bad.

Shoot, after writing that, it is really apparent how atypical I am. I am also allergic to latex. LOL