View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 03:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Creative life slump

This has been a hard year for me. My job has been kicking my butt. I've worked my tail off, but still got passed over for a promotion, yet ended up with the work. As I get older, on the downslide to 60 now, I feel like I get less respect at work and have to put up with a lot more, especially from younger bosses, who don't seem to value my knowledge or experience.

For a while, I did what I always do, and ate my stress and gained back all the weight I lost and more, which made me feel even worse. But I did my best to push through it and find the good in everyday, be productive and find comfort in my creativity.

Then I got Covid and it kicked me hard when I was already down. I am still having the lingering effects, the cough, exhaustion and pain in my joints, especially my shoulder and have not jumped back like I should. I don't want to do anything but veg. I have watched more tv in the last few months than I have in previous years, but can't seem to get motivated to get up and do something positive.

I am not usually so negative about things, but right now I feel like I am in a big slump and don't know how to pull myself out. I don't think it is depression, I don't feel overwhelmed by life or sad, just kinda fed up with a lot of things and lazy. I feel extremely lazy these days.

Being creative is my happy place. Even as a child, I had to do something creative everyday to be happy, so not doing anything creative is really hard on me. Problem is that I just don't seem to have the umph, the ideas or the drive since Covid.

Have any of you ever experienced anything similar and if so, how did you get past it. I really need some advice on this because I'm tired of feeling tired all the time.