View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you, but I feel your pain and I'm sending you some hugs. I was diagnosed with a thyroid disease last March, and it's been kicking my butt. I feel tired and irritated all the time, and with the new meds I'm on, I have gained so much weight that 90 % of my clothes don't fit. On top of all that, we have been hit with one thing after another from one of our vehicles needing a new transmission that we can not afford to get fixed, my job cutting my hours( I work in healthcare, which is stressful enough without all the extra covid crap!), and just a bunch of stuff that adds up and it seems never-ending. We have just had a string of bad luck. Our daughter is going to college about 8 hours away, and the driving back and forth for open-house, orientation, and then her upcoming move-in is really putting a strain on us, too, with only one vehicle. And I hate feeling like that because this is such a happy and exciting time for her. I want to cherish these last few weeks she has at home.

Sometimes, it doesn't seem like we are ever going to get ahead. We had a good amount of savings, but with covid, my husband lost his job and that is now mostly gone. He has found another job, but he took a pay cut, and the benefits, even though it's a BIG company, really aren't that great. So, I am right there with you. I get it. I hate feeling negative all the time, too. There for a while, I was going on walks while listening to a random playlist of favorite songs, but the heat lately has kicked my butt and I just haven't had the motivation for that. I try to enjoy the little things, like taking pictures of my kids at their ball games, gardening a little bit, scrapping, or reading, but I just don't feel like ME! My housework has also suffered because I just don't have the energy. It's just sooo hard some days. I'm sure so many people have suffered either physically, emotionally, or financially from covid, but that doesn't really make it FEEL any easier. Some days, I tell myself, "this too, shall pass," but other days, I just want to scream or cry or both.

Maybe, just talking (or typing ) about how you feel or even writing it down in a journal may help. And knowing you are not alone. You aren't the only one who feels the way you do. As women, we always take on so much, and support from other women is always helpful. I know that not everyone understands our scrapping obsession or how we have 'friends' online who we have never met, but who we follow along with their lives online. So even though I don't have much advice, I'm here to listen & support you.