View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The only part of that I'm qualified to comment on is screen size, since my Dell gaming laptop (G3 17") is too old for me to recommend. I think some of the answer depends how often you anticipate using the laptop. If it's a decent amount, you're going to want a 17". Unless you plan to carry it around for hours, I don't think the extra weight of a 17" vs a 15" will make much difference. If you're going to use it infrequently, you may want to save money by getting the 15," but if you can, borrow one for a few hours first to make sure the size is okay.

I've never scrapped on anything but a laptop, so for years I had a 17" screen (and for a few years a 15" screen) and thought it was fine. Then last summer I bought a 27" monitor to use with my laptop. I've got to say, now when I have to be away from my desk I feel limited by the 17" screen. I still do it a few times a week, but I feel the difference. I need the portability too much to ever switch to a desktop, so I'll just have to keep making do with the 17". With your eyesight being a concern and being used to working on a larger monitor, the larger the laptop screen the better.