View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default A little pre-DSD challenge...

I have this $30 gift card to SSD that I'd like to give to someone this week. You can use it for some DSD splurges or save it for another weekend or split it up between different weeks!

But first...I need you to make a layout. And I'm just going to use a good old neapolitan challenge with an added caveat. I want you to tell a story. It doesn't have to be a LONG story, it doesn't have to be a story that I can read (so you can tell it in any language, cover it up with paint if it's private, etc), I just want you to tell a story! It's my favorite part of scrapbooking and since this is my challenge and I get to make the rules, I want you all to include one.

So, I'm going to post 3 layouts from 3 paper scrappers who inspire me. I want you to take inspiration from all three and create your own layout. The inspiration doesn't have to be super obvious, but when you post your layout I want you to tell me what you took from each layout. Be inspired by anything - the layout, the colors, any quotes you see on the page, fonts, journaling, photo treatments, techniques...anything goes!

Without further ado, here are the layouts.

Susan Weinroth is a long-time favorite scrapper of mine. I love her bright, clean editing style and how crisp and clean her photos always look.

Kelly Noel is another fave for her simple, bright style. I love the way she can make a page that is really pretty neutral, and make it so bright & fresh!

And finally, Paige Evans has this incredibly unique style and daaaang can that girl work with paper. But sometimes, I find myself just stunned by her titlework, and since that is one of my favorite parts of building a page (usually), this one totally caught my eye.

I'm going to come back on Friday morning to draw a winner from those who play and will PM the gift card code right away so you can shop a bit with the amazing new releases for this weekend!

Have fun!!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda