View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 04:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've tried many many many different ways of doing this, and finally found a way that works for me. Once a month I go through the previous month's photos and delete the extras (the 42 I took to get one where the kids are smiling, I only keep the 1) and tag them, using Mac Photos. I tag the people in it, event (Birthday, Christmas, etc) or activity (camping, bike, cake, etc) and if I want to scrap it I tag it 'to be scrapped'. Then when I'm scrapping I search that tag and anything else - to be scrapped, Christmas - for example. When I've scrapped it I just remove the 'to be scrapped' tag. I found I had photos in too many places, and this works for me. It takes less than 30 minutes each month to keep it organized, I usually do it one day when I'm watching TV.

I also keep my photos in folders by month, and I copy the web size layout to the folder it pertains to, so I can see not only the photos but the layout in the same spot. I also have the web size in folders by year, and I title them 2017-06 Title (for layouts in June for example) so that they appear chronological in that folder.

For kits/templates I used to have a 'to use' folder but I could never find anything, so now I sort by theme instead of by designer (I keep kits together) and when I've used something I add "z- " to the beginning of the name, so it moves it down to the bottom of the folder. Simple, but then I know I've used it and it doesn't pop up first in my folder for me to pick when I'm shopping my stash. I used to tag the previews but that took forever and I'd rather spend my time scrapping.