View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 02:28 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I don't think I knew you had Havanese pups. That's what my Murhpy is. He is 14 now and is having heart issues, but still thinks he is a puppy. I love that breed. They are definitely lap dogs. LOL
I fell in love with the breed in 2000. I had to be careful about what dogs I was around since my eyes would start itching around many breeds. I went to a dog show and met with some Havanese breeders I knew from a yahoogroup. One breeder let me hold her female and she was on my lap for 2 hours and I had no issues. That's when I knew this was my breed. The next weekend I went to another dog show (in Toledo) and when I walked in a breeder asked me if I had found a puppy yet. I said that I hadn't actually been looking yet. She said she had a male available. She emailed me the photos that night and I picked him up 2 days later! Pepper was such a joy that I knew I wanted another one and got Paige from the same breeder just before Pepper turned 2. Pepper and Paige had the same mother, but different fathers. Each looked like their dad. Due to health issues, I ended up putting them both down on the same day. Pepper was 4 months shy of 16. Paige was 1 month shy of 14.

Then I got Peyton 2 years later, she is now 4. My cousin keeps telling me I need to take her to the dog park and let her run around to wear her out (she has to do this for her 1 year old AussieDoodle). I told her no need to do that since Havanese are lap dogs and don't need a lot of exercise. A walk around the neighborhood works for her.

I got Peyton from the same breeder and she shares a bloodline with Paige. Paige's dad is Peyton's 4th great-grandfather.