View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 03:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? four years, give or take
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? I knew Trish Harden from another forum and she introduced me to it.
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? relax on the couch and read
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Downtown Abbey
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? It really bothers me when people behave in an uninformed way -- for example, by sharing false memes on Facebook without fact-checking them first.
(06) What's your best quality? my intelligence
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Redmond, Oregon
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? the evenings after the kids go to bed because it is the only time I get the chance to scrap!
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I've never really had a terrible first date, but my very first date, which was to a school dance in eighth grade, involved my boyfriend's father driving us and making very awkward small talk. I guess that was the worst.
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? Aunt Betty's potatoes (a secret recipe that involves shredded potatoes, lots and lots of cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and a cornflake topping), but I don't make them, my husband does. I don't really cook, ever.
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? Yes, I probably would not have moved back to the U.S. from Kuwait as early as I did. We were earning a lot of money there and we should have stayed for a few more years to build up a more comfortable financial cushion before coming home.
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? Hmm...I think I would be Ayla from Clan of the Cave Bear just because I would love to see what the world looked like before recorded human history began.
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? I really hate laundry because it is never-ending at our house. We have to do at least one load a day, and it's so tedious.
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? That I love my children, my husband, and my family with all my heart.
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? I'm looking forward to seeing The BFG movie with my son this summer. We just finished reading the book together, and he's very excited.
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? I think that I'm already decently smart, so I would choose obnoxiously rich.
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Probably the day that my youngest daughter was born. She was a homebirth, and when we all gathered together in my bedroom to introduce her to my older two sons, there was an incredible feeling of peace and pride.
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? My mother and father. They are probably the most hardworking, dedicated, and generous people I have ever met. I hope to parent my own children as well as they did me.
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? When I was in eighth grade, I was Scarlet O'Hara. My mom sewed my costume for me, complete with hoop skirt.
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? peppermint