View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 10:09 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Today I am thankful for my son and our by-weekly mother and son days. When he was young we always put aside time each week for just the two of us to do something together -- as a single mom who worked full time on the off shift, we needed to have that time to connect. Now that he is grown and married, it has shifted to a bi-weekly event that both of us still enjoy.

I make him a mom-cooked meal, he helps me with things I can't do on my own, and then we settle in for a nice long chat about life, dreams, anything and everything. My son and I can talk for hours on hours and never get bored with each other.

Sometimes my DIL comes along which is nice, but it is usually just him, me and the grandpups.

I love that we make time for each other regularly. Between these days, the daily texts and the weekly Wednesday phone calls, my boy and I are maintaining our close relationship, which makes my heart happy.

I will always be thankful for him. He is still the best gift I have ever received.
That is so special that y'all can make time for each other like that!!! I too enjoy my children and love to spend time with them...but it's so special when they chose to spend time with me too.