View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 10:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Unfortunately, "present" doesn't encapsulate everything I'm wanting for this year, so I'm not completely sold on it yet. What I really want is an antonym for the word inertia. Inertia is my #1 challenge in every area of my life; but I can't find an antonym I really like. Action, activity, animation, life, liveliness, moving, vitality, vigor ... none of them are completely the opposite of "inertness, especially with regard to effort, motion, action, and the like; inactivity; sluggishness; the property of matter by which it retains its state of rest or its velocity along a straight line so long as it is not acted upon by an external force."
Not sure it is helpful, but when I read what you wrote above, the first word that popped in my mind was "live." It sounds like the things you want to improve on mean living more fully, so "live" might cover the entire spectrum.

My last word I did well with was "mindful." I wanted to be more present, aware and connected to the things I was doing, the choices I was making, etc. To provide a daily reminder of that, I got this simple bracelet from esty.

I liked that it was simple, small and that the word was harder for others to see, because my little word is for me. Also, I liked the price. LOL