View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Oh no!!! It's a rough time for sure, I can't imagine as a mother dropping your son off at Recruitment School. As a wife of a soldier, immerse yourself with other mothers (speaking for you of course), who have children in the military. They can be a huge source of comfort and encouragement when you need it, as can you be for them! It's a huge change, but the rewards are so amazing when you see them in their uniform and proud of their service to their country! Sadly, it's a long road ahead for both of you, send him letters (when you get his address), but don't expect him to call or write home because they keep them very busy!

And as always, if you need someone to vent, we are all here for you!! Good luck to your son. Praying for him during these next few months!
Thanks Wendy for your words of support and prayers. I’m freaking out but already as proud as I could ever be, he has wanted this since he was 8 - this is literally his dream come true. They get their phones on weekends from week 4 onwards (with good behavior of course) but knowing the way he is he will be focused on what he is doing and won’t be too worried about calling us. his girlfriend is busting to ask someone whether we can send packages

He’s the one in my gallery that I just scrapped his 13th birthday (I’m a bit behind lol)