Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 12:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
We just returned Monday from our Weekend Surprise trip for the girls! They knew we were going somewhere, but didn't figure out where until about 1.5 weeks before we left (my husband was sending different clues every couple days and they finally figured it out!)

We went to the Sight and Sound Theater to see Moses in Lancaster, PA. Then we spent a day exploring Gettysburg. Our final day we went to Hershey,PA and bought CHOCOLATE! It was 2 of our girls 1st times fully experiencing PA.

That was our only major getaway for the summer, since our Summer plans revolve around college move in and move out and everyone is home (for now) for the summer! My 2nd oldest leaves Sunday to be a counselor at Camp. Aside from a few things here and there (VBS, family get togethers, Birthday celebrations etc) we have ZERO plans until the end of Aug when all the college girls need to start getting ready to return!

College students with breaks that do NOT overlap, and are spread all over the US, do not make it very easy to do vacations throughout the year! So I will just have to scrap past vacations this year to "travel" through past memories and the rest of you!
How many kids do you have in college at the same time? Putting one through just about broke the bank for me.