View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I use an herb called eyebright for Connor and Jacob ( I can't use it bc of my coumadin ) it's been a lifesaver ( literally ) for Jacob. He was on xyzal which is a pretty potent allergy med and he had more side effects than positives while using it. Anyway. I buy organic ground eyebright from starwest botanicals ( all other herbs I get from mountain rose ). And the vegan gel caps & prepare my own capsules for them. ( I have a little pill maker thing ). It works amazingly well. Connor takes 2 in the morning and 2 at night before bed. Sometimes on an awful day he takes another 2 mid afternoon. Jacob being a man and larger lol usually takes 4 every 4-6 hrs. His allergies are also way more severe than Connors so that impacts things too. Mom also uses eyebright for my father and brother. Obviously as it's an herbal remedy it might not be the best option for every single person ( ie it will make me bleed to death lol.) but doing your research and deciding if it's the right thing for your family never hurts ! I have found pre-made eyebright in a tiny alternative market nearby when we had an uh. Poorly planned empty bag of herbs but it's not organic and I don't really like using them on the boys. I feel much better controlling what goes into their body :] pharmaceuticals aren't for us in the allergy med department so this was a great alternative.