Thread: hair color
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on the natural/low maintenance/lazy team. I rarely wear makeup, I get my hair trimmed a few times a year, and that's about it. I've never had it colored, for grays or otherwise. My hair is very fine and curly. I have to be careful what I use in it or it turns into a frizzy mess. So for now I'm holding off coloring for grays as long as I can, partly since I don't know how my hair will react to the dye. I have some silvery gray strands, but because of the curls it's not as obvious. It's more like you see an inch or two of a gray strand then it curls around and gets hidden under the black hair. I'm starting to notice it more when I pull my hair back, so I've been mostly leaving it down. I was due for a haircut around April, but I missed that one. We're trying to stay home as much as possible, and a haircut is something I can easily do without. It will just keep growing a while longer. (I did finally concede and take the boys for a haircut today--going without for 3+ months was a lot harder on their hair than mine!) I probably won't go get it colored during the pandemic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a year or so from now, after we're past all of this and back to "normal" that I decide it's time to start coloring my hair. Fingers crossed that it keeps going gray as slowly as it has so far, but I see the writing on the wall!

Last edited by rach3975; 06-25-2020 at 10:51 PM.