View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 12:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Interesting question! So far none of my kids has started dating, all of our close family members are still married to their first spouse, and the friends who have left our lives just drifted out rather than parting badly. My one long-term boyfriend before DH was a close friend for years before and after our relationship, so I wouldn't have edited him out but would have been selective about which photos I used.

The one time I've really struggled with whether to include someone was when I made my mother a 75th birthday photobook. My father's sister was part of our lives (though a somewhat distant part) until about 15 years ago. When my grandparents went into assisted living and then a nursing home, my aunt was put in charge of their finances. Long story short, she stole a lot of money from them and refused to pay their bills. Of course my father has absolutely no relationship with her anymore. But in the photobook I was scrapping pictures from my parents' wedding in 1970. The pictures with my grandparents all had my aunt in them. If I'd had the option to just use one without her I would have, but she was standing in places where it would have been very obvious if I edited her out. In the end I kept her in and used the pictures, but I still feel a little weird about it. Then again, I'd still feel a little weird about it if I'd edited her out. If I had a more recent picture with her in it I'd have edited her out without a second thought.

Last edited by rach3975; 11-15-2020 at 12:25 AM.