View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 07:11 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I just looked at the 2 vacations I went on with a boyfriend 40 years ago. I did not put any photos of him on the layouts for either of them. In the journaling for the Florida trip, I just mentioned "a friend" went with me to visit my grandparents. The one photo I had of him in the distance that I wanted to use, I was able to crop him out because the actual focal point of the photo was the seagull sitting on the dock post about 8 feet from him.

We did start dating within the next month and went to the Kentucky Derby that May. There are no photos of him and me together but he was mentioned in the journaling along with the other couple we went with.

I have also scrapped the wedding photos for my cousin's daughter. Her son has 2 daughters but was never married to the mother. However, the mother was considered a member of the family and is in all the family photos at the wedding. No way to edit her out so she's there. She was also in the background of photos of another family get-together a couple years before that. Again, no way to edit her out but at least this time it was just background.

It is hard to decide what to do but for me, I consider can the story be told without those photos? If so, don't use them. If not, then use them. But then I won't have to deal with this for me since I have no children and have never married. The one boyfriend is probably the only one I actually have photos of anyways!