View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 03:52 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
The thing I would like to cut the cord on is my house phone, but they also provide my internet, so I keep it.
My phone, internet and cable are all the same company. A local company. They have gotten with the times and now have a bundle package for those with just internet/cable. I can't go wrong with them because all service techs are from this area and quite often service will happen within 24 hours.

I cut my house phone many years ago. All I got were telemarketing calls. I am very selective as to who has my cell number also. I miss calls all the time because I have the cell on DND (except for contacts). Had to do that even before COVID because of all the calls about signing up for Medicare plans. Those started 9 months before I turned 65! And, 9 months after turning 65, still getting some.

If I give someone my number and they are not in my contacts, I do tell them that they need to leave a voice mail and I will get back to them.

But I do also hate talking on the phone for 2 reasons. Loss of hearing in one ear and tinnitus in the other. I have a hard time understanding people I don't know. Heck, when Dad was alive I sometimes had problems understanding him on the phone!