Thread: Tap Water
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Growing up we had a water cooler in our home with bottled water. Where we lived had water that tasted like sulfur. When we moved from there to KS when I was a teenager we started drinking tap water but I still prefer bottled, or at least, filtered.

I tend to buy bottled water. I do some single serve bottles, but mostly buy gallon jugs. We are talking about a filter so that we don't buy as many because our water isn't really that bad, just not what I like. No one ever remembers to fill the pitchers when we use those so I gave up. I will always have to keep bottled water on tap as long as we live here though. We've been here 5 years and have been under boil orders several times. It is safest for us just to keep a few gallons in the closet.
Wow! Sounds like it's definitely safest to have bottles of water around. I wonder if a filter would be good enough when you're under boil orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
We have good tap water and I drink a lot as iced tea. My parent's have gross water (heavy in iron) and use a Brita pitcher to make it drinkable.
I envy having good enough tap water to drink and make tea with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
They have a house-filter and then when you draw from the faucets or the fridge, it's filtered again.
That makes sense.