Thread: I hate cooking
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm in denial that dinnertime exists. Then it hits about 4:30-5 and I'm like, "F*@k!" and try to scramble. Once in a while I think of it early enough to take something out of the freezer. Otherwise I'm doing a quick thaw in a bowl of water. Seriously, I hate dinnertime. If it were up to me I'd eat a turkey sandwich and be done with it.
LOL! This is SO me!!! If my mom didn't live with us, I'd just let everyone be on their own. Our boys are adults. They can fend for themselves. But, my mom freaks out if she asks what is for dinner and I don't know (as if she's going to starve! lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I hate cooking, too! I've never loved it, but my picky crew is so difficult to feed. I'm a vegetarian and try to eat lower calorie meals with lots of vegetables. My 18 year old is very picky. He hates mixed foods, strong tastes, most vegetables, and melted cheese. The 15 and 13 year old are easier to feed, but they get very tired of eating the plain things acceptable to kid #1. It's easier now that he's older and I can tell him to make himself something else if necessary. DH wants to eat plain chicken and a green vegetable most nights. I long ago told DH that he was on his own since I couldn't feed the kids that same thing every day. He eats a few of the meals I prepare, but if he doesn't want that he cooks for himself. I also tend to make my own meal, cooking once at the beginning of the week and then eating leftovers.
Oh my, Rachel, that sounds like a handful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
This is me... including a few bad words.... after the toddlers all leave at 4:30, I am exhausted... ( I am up by 4:30 am everyday) and my son usually has to be at work at 5pm a couple days a week... so planning a meal most nights is crazy...
I am the queen of tossing something in the microwave to thaw.... or just telling everyone it's a "make your own" night.
Stacy, I totally get it! I did freezer cooking (once a month cooking) when I worked because there was no way I was spending time cooking after work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
This is me most of the time, but the INSTAPOT has changed my life!
LOL! I have an InstaPot, an air fryer, a crockpot, an indoor grill... none of these have helped