Thread: I hate cooking
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate cooking also.

I started out meal planning in August and would plan a month at a time. It didn't work out at all. I would plan for meals based on what I thought was going on and then things would come up. I was constantly shifting meals around to make quick things when I had less time, etc. After 3 months of this I realized we ended every month with about 12-15 meals that had not been made.

My new plan is to pick 3 big meals to make during the week and eat leftovers the rest of the week. Sometimes we do a 4th big meal on the weekend that my husband cooks on the smoker. Yesterday was pulled pork and baked beans. We froze half the beans and will still have enough of both left for 2 more meals.

We have 2 freezers and my plan is to have one freezer with foods to be prepared and the other with foods that just need to be warmed up or baked. Frozen pizza, pot pies, etc. would go in this one along with enchiladas that I make and freeze, potato soup, baked beans, jambalaya, etc. I have a pretty good start already on the frozen meals. This summer will be my first one not working in a few years and I plan to make and freeze at least 3 things each week so that I can stock that freezer for the busy school year.