View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Utah has gone insane. Everyone's raiding stores to get food so shelves everywhere are bare. My husband heard that a local grocery store had plenty of food (must've just restocked) about 30 minutes ago so he raced over there...not to get a surplus, but to just get food. I've been out of town the past 2 weeks so we seriously haven't had anything to eat.

As of today, schools are closed for the next 2 weeks. Churches are cancelled. For LDS members (heavily populated in Utah), temples were also restricted today. My husband is now working from home for the next 2 weeks. We're still waiting on hearing if my daughter's soccer season will be cancelled or postponed.

And honestly, I'm trying to look on the bright side. We've been asked to not go anywhere, to "socially distance" ourselves. I'm kinda hoping that helps my family turn to each other and do more things with each other instead of fight. We'll be doing some schoolwork, chores, activities (electronic & not), yardwork, etc...and I'm honestly hoping we can sit around and just talk. Our family life is busy and chaotic. I'm wanting to take this as a break to get closer together, get a little creative, and also REST. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for every thing I'm wanting. We'll see!