View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
My SIL called me yesterday to tell me my niece got married. It was supposed to be on the 19th; however, they heard that city hall would be closed today, so they hurried up and went there yesterday. MY SIL and BIL didn't have time to make the trip to D.C. and weren't there. No one was. I'm thinking their honeymoon to Mexico won't happen. Sad.

And thanks to everyone for the nice comments! I bought that template in anticipation of my trip, so I at least got to use it. Now I'll have to find a use for the California kit that I bought. LOL

I can't imagine missing out on Disney--especially for the kids. (((HUGS))) to everyone.
That would be sad to miss the wedding, but at the same time I'm glad they just went and did it anyway. Evidently one of the twins' friends was supposed to get married next week and they just cancelled it. It sounds like they will go to the courthouse now (eventually), but she is so upset about having to cancel the wedding that she has told people to not even mention it at all to her.
We tend to be more 'practical' people and are OK with celebrating holidays and birthdays whenever is most convenient for the people we want to be with for that. My BIL an his family are like 'it has to happen on the holiay/birthday' sort of people, which can make things harder. We have enough time make adjustments to the wedding and could probably just have a small, family only ceremony somewhere. The big party they want to go with it can happen another time after the fact, if need be. While I would be super sad to miss being there, at this point I would just want them to go do it. Elizabeth's job she has lined up to start in August means having to move them both and it will just make everything involved with that easier if they are married already.

My first trip to WDW last year happened a exactly a year ago and I've been seeing the photos pop up in my memories on FB. I'm glad the band only does big trips like that every other year and we are in an 'off' year so we aren't missing out on something we had been looking forward to for a long time. It was disappointing that the history class trip up to WADC was cancelled - I was looking forward to finally being able to go see the African American museum. But, we only live a couple of hours drive from there and I can go whenever I want normally, just have to decide to do it.