View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Even though we're the epicenter of Washington state (you're not far either Rae!) here in EASTERN WA, things were a bit slower to cancel, close, etc. My dental office I work at finally closed for hygiene (only after all 5 of us hygienists refused to go to work & called in sick) and although the state department of health & the american dental association recommended dental offices ONLY see true emergencies, I have a number of friends that are hygienists that are still working. THIS has been my stress. I have blasted every agency, politician, etc that I know to try to get MANDATED closures- since a lot of offices are not following recommendations or guidelines. EVERYTHING we do at a dental appointment produces aerosols (tiny drops of water, spit, blood, VIRUSES, bacteria, etc)- which is the WELL KNOWN cause of spread for this particular virus. Add that into a LONG (up to 2 week) incubation period where patients will have ZERO symptoms and pass all our screenings = disaster. I'm going to TRY to stay off of most of social media today because I just dont know what else I can do and I need a mental health break! I'm going to get some scrapping done & get outside with the kids for some sun & vit D!

In our NEIGHBORHOOD- (we live across from a LDS temple, so I would say we have about 75% LDS families here = lots of great neighbors & kids!) it's eerie. It is SO quiet. Usually there is always kids playing outside, people walking by, basketballs bouncing, etc. Hubby went to the grocery store yesterday & said it was really strange- lots of empty shelves. thankfully they had what I needed- avocados, lemons & cream cheese!
I just had my boys to their dentist on Friday. The dental hygienist said they were almost out of masks and gloves because their regular delivery was so late. My one son and my daughter need to see an orthodontist, and I was thinking about trying to make an appointment while they are off since it's so hard usually with all the school and sports stuff going on, but I thought better of it! It's just best to STAY HOME RIGHT NOW!