View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I replace stuff in templates all of the time too. More often than not, when I use templates they are ridiculously modified With that said, I still think it's good when a template is marketed with a specific kit, that they complement each other. If there is a ribbon on the template, the kit should have at least one ribbon. If there is a doily, the kit should include one. If there is greenery on the template, the kit should have leaves/greenery. Really, it doesn't happen too often and I'm almost always able to make it work, but occasionally I abandoned pages.
It's difficult because often we are making the template at the same time the other designer is making the kit. So, elements don't always match up. For me, I try to add a variety and use commonly used elements in my templates so there is bound to be something there that's in the kit. And, ribbons in a template can always become paper strips. Doilies in a template can be used as a paper shape, also, if you clip a paper from the kit to it. Etc, etc.