View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
It's difficult because often we are making the template at the same time the other designer is making the kit. So, elements don't always match up. For me, I try to add a variety and use commonly used elements in my templates so there is bound to be something there that's in the kit. And, ribbons in a template can always become paper strips. Doilies in a template can be used as a paper shape, also, if you clip a paper from the kit to it. Etc, etc.
Absolutely and totally get it Brook and that's exactly why I said I usually make it work just fine It's just something I appreciate when I don't have to think about it. I do a lot of substitutions based on my own preferences regardless of whether the template is marketed with the kit. I use templates as inspiration, but always enjoy adding my own personal touches. Obviously ribbons and papers are easy to interchange ... doilies can be converted to paper circles, you can add a different type of element in place of foliage. I guess I just assumed the coordination on collaborations was the same for templates as it was betweens for colors, elements, etc. I absolutely don't expect designers to change their processes based on my preferences, it's just an observation

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 09-18-2018 at 09:13 PM.