View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Join Me to Scrap for Alzheimer's

Hi Sweet Shoppers! I wanted to share with you all an important project I've been working very hard on. Stampin' Out Alzheimer's is an exciting "pay to play" virtual papercrafting event to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. My father, like so many others, suffers from Alzheimer's disease. It's a horrible disease that really takes it's toll on an entire family.

And - there's over $100 in coupons from various Sweet Shoppe designers and the main store up for grabs for a few lucky participants. We'll actually be giving away a total of about $300 in digi coupons during the event and over $600 worth of physical papercrafting supplies!!

My co-coordinator (Susanna Boyd, founder of Papercraft Planet) and I, along with a group of generous sponsors and challenge hostesses, have teamed up to create a temporary online community where members can take part in a variety of week-long challenges, contests, classes and workshops, and download several free products (including a very special mini kit designed by Libby Weifenbach - see the preview below) in different papercrafting categories (digi scrapping, hybrid, paper scrapping, cardmaking, stamping, etc).

All you have to do to join in the fun is pay a small registration fee (you determine the amount, but we recommend a minimum $5 donation). 100% of these funds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association. This is a cause that is very dear to my heart - my 58-year-old father is in the late stages of Alzheimer's and it is heartbreaking.

I hope you'll join me for a week of fun and TONS of prizes!! The event kicks off at midnight Sunday, May 24 and ends at midnight Sunday May 31. Go HERE to register and you will receive instructions for making your donation via e-mail. Feel free to PM me here if you have any questions!

Here's a look at that FREE kit you'll get for signing up: