Thread: Boba Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I avoid boba like a plague, though it is quite yummy. It has so much sugar it'll get you addicted so easily. With diabetes running through my family lineage, I'm really trying to be conscious about my food choice.
You know, I didn't even think about that and should mention that to my daughter since it runs on both sides of our family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I've never tried them, and never heard of them until my older 2 girls went out with a friend and had them! The oldest didn't like them. She liked the drink, just didn't like the boba(s).

We hope to try the drink at Animal Kingdom, and figure this kit might work for that too?

If they hadn't gone out with their friend and tried it then...I still wouldn't know what they were!

Oh, and I would have to look closely at the ingredients to see if it is REAL sugar or artificial. Since artificial will make me very sick!
When things open back up, I can send you milk tea drink packets for you to make at home. That's what I like, the milk tea!

Yeah, you'll have to ask when you try them at AK so you don't get sick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Love it!!!!!! I was so excited about this kit, too!! We discovered it a couple years ago when we were wandering a strip mall by Michigan State University. My kids love it too! I just bought some tapioca pearls a few weeks ago and might try making some tomorrow!
Yay!!! you'll have to come back and post a photo of your boba!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliella View Post
Thanks!
Before the lockdown, there is literally a couple boba tea stand/van parked in most school exits/parks here where I live! Not to mention stores in every street and inside malls haha. I never heard of popping bobas here, though.

I am conscious of the sugar content, too. So i tried making my own low-carb version using coffee jelly, black tea bag and cashew milk sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Tastes good
They are amazing (the popping bubbles)
Interesting! I'll run the low-carb past my daughter and see if she'll try them. She's a little lactose intolerant so might like a different alternative to her everyday bobas