View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 05:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I mostly love our house. It's 4 bedrooms, just the right size for us. We live on a very quiet street in a suburb of Washington, DC, so we have everything within a short drive. We've lived here 16 years--my oldest was only 1.5 when we moved in. We've remodeled 2 of the 3 bathrooms and put new flooring throughout the main level, so between that and paint it's really "us." We have great schools nearby. We should have it paid off in another 8 or so years.

The negatives are mostly minor. Our house is getting to an age where it needs more frequent work. (We've thought about moving to a newer house, but newer construction in our area tends to be expensive luxury homes and we're not willing to leave our schools or increase DH's commute to move further out to an area with newer homes in our price range.) We have 1 more bathroom to re-do, which I'm looking forward to, and in the next few years we'll probably have to tackle the finished basement and the kitchen (dreading that one! ) The kitchen is long and narrow, which makes it hard for more than 1 person to work in it at a time. Sound travels too much--when "someone" is yelling at his teams on tv there's nowhere to go and have quiet. The neighborhood friends the kids had have all moved away and the kids who moved in are too much younger. Nothing that outweighs the good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk