View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:09 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
You inspired me to finally get that spreadsheet done. I added a column to indicate if that kit has been used. It's a great reminder! Cheryl Ashcraft inspired me to make a spreadsheet of all my finished pages as well. I include the date, event, kit used, template used (if applicable) and a thumbnail of the page(s). I used to do something similar in a notebook but this is easier and helps me keep track of what's done vs what still needs to be done.
Yeah, I'm another one that loves using spreadsheets. I started my first one back in 2008 when I started digi-scrapping. I have columns for: date done, layout title, a preview of the layout, paper, alphas/word art, embellishments, brushes, fonts, sketch/template, and file name. Ended up splitting 2018 out into a new one because it was taking so long for it to load! Besides knowing what I've used on each layout, it gives me a way to know how many I've done each year (98 so far in2021). Each year is its own sheet within the worksheet. I also had sheets for the various CT's I was on at one time.

I also was inspired by both FDD's spreadsheets and TreeCity's spreadsheets so now have versions of my own. I even set up a different spreadsheet where I can plan out albums. That one came about when I did my reorganization of files a year ago. Because of photos I now had from scanned negatives and my FDD inspired spreadsheet I realized I wanted something to track my "albums" and what layouts are in them. Helps with both my 12x12 CM albums and any bound books I might print since I know exactly what order I want the layouts to be in.

Each spreadsheet has its own purpose and works for my scrapping needs but then I worked with spreadsheets for many years and feel very comfortable with them.